This is a hearty meal with a gourmet twist. Sure to become a family favorite!
1. Preheat oven to 200°C (400°F).
2. To make meatballs, combine ground beef, breadcrumbs, egg, minced onions, 1/2 tsp. salt and pepper. Form into 1,5cm (1/2 inch) balls. In non-stick skillet, heat 1 Tbsp. of oil over med high heat. Add meatballs moving around until well browned, about 4-5 minutes. Wipe skillet clean.
3. Heat 1 Tbsp. of oil over med heat and stir in onions, and salt until the onions begin to brown, about 8 mins. Reduce to medium low and cook until caramelized, about 15 minutes longer.
4. In food processor, pulse tomatoes about 6-8 times and strain through sieve. Discard liquid and season strained tomatoes with salt, pepper and 1 Tbsp. of olive oil.
5. Unroll refrigerated Pizza Dough on enclosed baking paper and place on a baking sheet. Spread the sauce. Top with the meatballs, mozzarella, onions and Parmagiano-Reggiano.
6. Bake for 15-20 minutes. Sprinkle with parsley after the bake to garnish.