This recipe is surprisingly easy but guaranteed to impress!
1. Preheat oven to 200°C (400°F).
2. Prepare the pork tenderloin by trimming and making sure to remove all silver skin. Set aside.
3. Unroll refrigerated Puff Pastry Dough on enclosed baking paper and place on a baking sheet. If using a smaller loin (500g (1 lb.)), you will have enough dough to add a decorative cut out to the top of the puff pastry.
4. If using a smaller 500g (1 lb.) loin, before the next steps below, cut about 5cm (2 inch) off one long end. You will have a long 5cm (2 inch) strip. Take the strip, and cut it in half. Put the 2 pieces side by side, and using a rolling pin, roll out slightly eliminating the seam. Use a cookie cutter to cut out desired shape to decorate the top of the rolled loin.
5. Leaving puff pastry on the provided baking paper, spread a generous amount of herbed cheese in the center (use about half the 150g). Layer the bacon slices on top of the cheese Next, layer the hard cheese slices. Place trimmed pork loin on top of these layers. Brush the edges of the pastry with the egg wash and wrap the meat and cheeses like a package, pinching the ends closed.
6. Next, flip the whole thing over, with the seam down on the baking paper provided. Brush the entire puff pastry with the egg wash and add the decorative cut out, brushing it with egg wash as well. Sprinkle the top with a pinch of salt.
7. Bake for about 25-30 minutes. Pastry should be golden brown and meat temperature should be about 60°C (140-145°F). Let it rest for 15 minutes before cutting.