This fusion style pizza brings the Mediterranean flavors with a unique sauce and gourmet toppings.
1. Preheat oven to 200°C (400°F).
2. Prepare the toppings. Sauté diced onion in hot oil for 2-3 minutes, then season with salt and pepper and allow to cool. Coarsely chop almonds and brown briefly in a dry pan. Cut the Parma ham into long strips of approx. 2cm (1/2 inch) in width.
3. Unroll refrigerated Wewalka Pizza Dough on enclosed baking paper and place on a baking sheet. Spread on Ajvar (pepper paste) and top with tomato slices. Next, evenly top with sautéed onions, peppers, almonds, ham and Pecorino cheese.
4. Bake in the oven for approx. 15 minutes.
5. Remove from oven and sprinkle with fresh thyme. You can also top with fresh slices of mozzarella after the bake. Serve hot.